When I go out to eat, there is often one item on the menu that I “wish” I could have. Artichoke dip.
Faced with a chilly October weekend, I decided to stay indoors and create my own Vegan Artichoke Dip. Wanting to make something quick and easy, I decided to use canned artichokes (plus I love their briny taste). After playing around with different variations, I finally decided the combination of a tangy sour cream, made the perfect compliment to the buttery artichoke.
Keeping with the theme (quick and easy), I decided to bake this two ways: 1) the microwave, for those desiring instant gratification or 2) the oven, for those desiring a browned and bubbly top.
- In a food processor, combine artichoke hearts, sour cream and lemon juice. Blend as much, or little, as you prefer.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in shredded cheese.
- If microwaving: transfer to a microwave safe bowl and heat for 3-5 minutes. Stir after each minute, until the dip is warm and cheese has melted.
- If baking: preheat oven to 375º F. Transfer dip into an oven-safe baking dish, that has been lightly coated with oil. Bake in the center of the pre-heated oven for about 25 minutes, until the top is lightly browned and bubbly.