Chocolate is my weakness. The rich flavor is something I simply can not get enough of. Bold or delicate, velvety or smooth, bitter or sweet, I love it.
This weeks post, Vegan Chocolate Truffles, combines the richness of coconut with bold dark chocolate to create decadent treats. So easy to make, rich and delicious, your tastebuds will be completely satisfied.
- In a nonstick saucepan add the coconut milk fat and bring to a low simmer. Remove from the heat and add the bakers chocolate and stir until completely melted.
- Pour the chocolate into a bowl and refrigerate for 8 hours, until the ganache is firm.
- Using a melon baller, scoop the ganache and roll into teaspoon size balls. Place the truffles onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Freeze the truffles for 2 hours.
- In a nonstick saucepan (or double boiler) melt the chocolate chips with 1 tbsp coconut oil, mix well.
- Using a toothpick, dip the frozen truffles into the melted chocolate and place back onto the baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for an additional 2 hours. Serve and enjoy cold, or at a cool room temperature!
note: keep the truffles refrigerated, in an airtight container