Vegan Gluten-free Chocolate Pie plus a $100 Whole Foods Gift Card Giveaway!
My favorite kind of dessert is the one that requires minimal baking. That’s really what inspired this Vegan Chocolate Pie. It’s easy to make, super rich, delicious and tastes just as good when it’s made ahead of time.
To make this pie, I’ve been using a new Culinary Coconut Milk from Whole Foods, by So Delicious. Whole Foods is my favorite place to grocery shop. Not only do they have every gluten-free, dairy-free product under the sun, I can spend hours walking the aisles and discovering new Laura Friendly products.
What I loved about this Culinary Coconut Milk is that it’s a full fat coconut milk in an eco-friendly, re-sealable carton (instead of a can). I love the ease of pulling this out of the cupboard and not having to hunt for my can opener!
This dessert is very simple to make and I guarantee it will be a crowd-pleaser. Enjoy!
For more information about the Giveaway, see below.
GF & Vegan Crust
by Laura Friendly
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- In a food processor, add the pretzels and pulse until they become a coarse meal.
- Add in the melted vegan butter and pulse until the mixture starts to mold together.
- Transfer mixture into a pie pan and press the mixture into the bottom of the pan and up the sides.
- Place pan into the refrigerator and allow to chill before adding the filling (about 10 minutes).
Vegan Chocolate Pie Filling
by Laura Friendly
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- In a medium nonstick saucepan bring the coconut milk to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and add in the chocolate, vanilla and salt. Stir continuously until the chocolate is completely melted. Remove from heat and cover.
- In a small nonstick saucepan combine nondairy creamer and vegan jello, whisk well to combine. Place the small saucepan over medium low heat and whisk continuously. Once mixture begins to thicken (about 1 to 2 minutes) remove from heat and transfer into the chocolate filling. Whisk well. note: please refer to your jello’s instructions and alter this process if necessary
- Pour chocolate filling into the chilled pie crust. Chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours, or overnight.
Whole Foods $100 GC Giveaway
Here’s how it works:
- Leave a comment on this post telling me about your favorite Holiday dessert!
- I will choose one winner after January 15th, 2014.
- The winner will receive one $100 Whole Foods Gift Card.
- The winner will be notified by email.
This give-away is sponsored by Laura Friendly in partnership with Whole Foods. Open to the US only, ages 18 and up. Ends 1/15/14 at 11:59 PM EST. No purchase necessary. Only one entry per email address.