There are many nights when I’m in the mood for a hearty pasta dish. On these nights, a favorite choice is Spaghetti with Meat Sauce. Always a satisfying and easy dinner that brings a smile to my face. :)
I’m one of those people who do not have a problem using a store bought tomato sauce. Especially when I’m short on time. I’m a fan of Classico’s Marinara with Plum Tomatoes. It’s both gluten & dairy-free and it really has a pleasant taste and texture. Add a little red wine to deepen the flavor, finish it off with fresh basil and you are good to go!
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes, then add in the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Mix in the ground beef and continue cooking and stirring until the meat is browned and crumbled, about 5 minutes. Pour in the red wine and allow to cook until the wine has nearly evaporated.
- Stir in the tomato paste, tomato sauce, water, Italian seasoning, thyme, red pepper flakes. Mix well, then season with garlic salt and pepper. Reduce heat and allow sauce to simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add fresh basil and additional salt and pepper (if needed).
- Serve over cooked pasta and enjoy!