Something I enjoy throughout the year is soup. Hot or cold, sweet or salty, spicy or savory, it’s always delicious. Today’s Vegan Roasted Pepper Soup, is easy to make and perfect warm or cool.
- In a stock pot, over medium-high heat, saute onions in oil for about 5 minutes, until translucent. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute (until fragrant).
- Add in stock, roasted peppers and salt. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove stock pot from the heat and stir in coconut milk fat and coconut milk. Allow broth to cool.
- Transfer mixture into a blender and blend until the soup is nice and smooth. note: you may need to do this in batches
- Rinse out the stock pot, fill with soup and reheat if necessary. Season with additional salt & pepper to taste.
note: Bell peppers add a light sweetness to this soup. If you desire something sweeter, try subbing half of the coconut milk with a lightly sweetened version. If you are looking for something a bit spicy, add a dash or two of red pepper flakes.
To oven roast peppers:
Preheat the oven to 425˚F. Lightly coat bell peppers with olive oil. Slice peppers in half, lengthwise, remove seeds and place skin side up in casserole dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until the skins blacken and blister. Remove from oven and place peppers in a plastic bag or bowl covered with plastic wrap. Allow peppers to cool and then remove all skins.