A few weeks ago I posted a recipe for Citrus Salt. After seeing this post, one of my readers inquired about Lemon Pepper vs. Lemon Pepper Seasoning. I thought this was a great question and I decided to whip up a little Lemon Pepper Seasoning to share this week. Lemon Pepper is exactly as it sounds, lemon zest and pepper. Lemon Pepper Seasoning is a mixture of lemon zest, pepper, salt and/or other spices.
Here is a very straightforward, easy take on Lemon Pepper Seasoning. All you need is 3 ingredients and a bit of time.
- In a food processor, lightly grind the peppercorns into a coarse consistency.
- Add in the lemon zest and salt. Pulse until the zest is combined and mixture still has a coarse texture.
- Spread the mixture onto a sheet pan and allow to dry for a few hours (or overnight).
- Once completely dry, transfer mixture into a spice grinder (or food processor) and pulse until the mixture is as coarse, or fine, as you like.
- Transfer Seasoning into an airtight container and enjoy!
note: store in an airtight container for around 3 months