Gluten & Dairy-free Herb Biscuits.
Both savory and delicious. They are just as perfect with soup or a tasty chicken dinner. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy milk with lemon juice. Allow to sit for 15 minutes (this becomes a vegan buttermilk).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, thyme, rosemary and pepper.
- Add butter, and use your fingers to rub into the flour, until it is well mixed and crumbs form.
- Add in scallions and parsley, mix by hand.
- In a separate bowl whisk together wet ingredients: vegan buttermilk, yogurt, oil, eggs and maple syrup.
- Add wet ingredients into the flour. Using a fork, or your hand, mix until a dough forms. note: I prefer to do this by hand.
- Using a spoon, drop large scoops of the batter onto the parchment paper. Lightly grease your fingers and gently press/shape the tops of each biscuit.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven for 22 to 25 minutes, until lightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center come out clean.
- Allow pan to cool slightly (about 5 minutes), then remove biscuits from parchment paper and cool on a wire rack.
note: Store covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat before serving.