I’ve been dreaming of Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes ever since I made my Flourless Chocolate Cake. Over the Holiday weekend I decided it was time to stop dreaming and start baking. It’s summertime and cupcakes feel like the perfect warm-weather treat. Rich and delicious these have everything going for them. They are easy to make. They are delicious and brownie-like. They are both gluten-free & dairy-free. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate and vegan butter. Whisk together well and allow to cool slightly. Add expresso powder into the sauce and mix well (optional).
- In a large bowl beat eggs for 5-minutes, on medium speed, until bubbly and light. (I use my KitchenAid Stand Mixer)
- Gradually add sugar, cocoa powder and almond meal into the egg mixture. Whisk well.
- With the mixer running, slowly drizzle in chocolate/butter mixture, until well combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 12 muffin liners. Bake in the center of a preheated oven, until dome shaped and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. About 22 minutes, depending upon your oven.
- Cool the pan briefly, then gently pop out the cupcakes and continue cooling on a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!