Coconut Macaroons. I love recipes that are delicious, yet easy to make — this recipe is both. When life is busy (and lets be honest, it’s very busy) it’s nice to have go-to dishes you can whip-up in a flash.
Quick, easy, gluten & dairy-free, these Macaroons are the perfect cookie for the coconut lover.
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg whites, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla and salt.
- Stir in shredded coconut. Mixing well to fully coat the coconut. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Using a melon scoop, drop scoops of the coconut mixture onto the parchment paper.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven, between 15 to 20 minutes, until the cookies are lightly browned and slightly firm.
- Allow cookies to cool completely.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate.
- Dip the bottoms of the macaroons into the melted chocolate. Return the cookies to the lined baking sheets and refrigerate for about 5 minutes, until set.