Gluten Free Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
It’s been about 5 years since my last post but that time has been both wonderful and rewarding. I have the amazing opportunity of raising my daughter Lilly, and she is incredible.
In light of Covid-19, I (like many parents) have been tasked with the challenge of homeschooling. This is not my strength but it has given Lilly and me a lot of time together and a lot of time to bake. Because baking is learning, right? This recipe I’m sharing today was Lilly’s idea. After a couple of batches of banana bread she was ready for a change and Chocolate Chip Pound Cake was her request! We hope you enjoy our recipe as much as we did making it!
Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
Start to Finish: 75 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease 1 9-inch bundt pan or 2 mini loaf pans and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, xanthan gum, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut oil, sugar and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add in eggs one at a time, stirring after each addition.
- Add in coconut milk (with lemon) and mix for about 2 minutes.
- Gradually add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing well.
- Add in chocolate chips and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter evenly into Bundt pan or mini loaf pans.
- Bake in the center of a preheated oven, for about 50 minutes. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the pan briefly, then gently pop out and continue cooling on a wire rack.
- Once completely cooled, cover in an airtight container.