Gluten-free Dairy-free Breakfast Casserole. The past 9 months of my life have been an adventure. I’m pregnant with my first child and due this July. The ups and downs of pregnancy have required that when I cook, it’s simple and satisfying. I love making casseroles. They are easy to whisk together and taste even better the second or third day.
This breakfast casserole is very easy to make and you can substitute with different vegetables or leftovers that you have in your fridge. You can also reduce the calories and fat by substituting half of the eggs with Egg Beaters. I promise it will taste just as great. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a large nonstick skillet, warm olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in onion and sausage and saute until onion is lightly tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add in kale and saute for an additional 4 minutes until the kale is slightly wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove mixture from the heat and allow to cool.
- Spray an 8 x 11-inch casserole dish with nonstick spray. Fill the bottom of the dish with the cubed bread. Once the onion, sausage and kale has slightly cooled, sprinkle the mixture over the bread.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, DF creamer, dry mustard, shredded cheese and 1/2 tsp salt & pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the casserole dish completely covering the bread and kale mixture.
- Slide the casserole dish into the center of the oven and bake for about 40-45 minutes. The casserole should be lightly browned and firm to the touch. Allow to sit for 20-minutes before eating.